Saturday, October 5, 2013

No Frills Field Trip

I am fortunate to live so close to New York City and to be able to take advantage of all of the conferences, workshops, lectures and events for and about children's literature.  

A few weeks ago I visited New York Public Library to see the Leonard Marcus curated exhibit the ABC of it: Why Children's Books MatterMr. Marcus is a children's literature historian. He has written some wonderful books including the definitive biography of Margaret Wise Brown, Awakened By the Moon and the great NYC walking tour guide of children's lit, Storied City.  Needless to say, I am a big fan.  He is also one of the best speakers I was ever able to get to visit my library. 

The exhibit is beautiful and inspiring for teachers, librarians, children and those that are kids at heart!  I heartily recommend it to everyone.  Luckily the exhibit is at the library until March 2014.  I hope I get to go again before its gone.  

There are so many wonderful components it's hard to choose only one, but for me the best part may be Milo's little car!  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment